1912: B. A. & Bros. was established by Shri Bhavanishankar Atmaram Oza (B. A. Oza) in Mumbai. Mr. Vamanbhai Kapadia joined soon after to assist with the business.
1922: Mr. Kapadia shifted to Calcutta and started a branch there to expand the business.
1928: During the Swadeshi Movement, Babuline Gripe Water was born to replace Woodward’s Gripe Water, a British brand. Dr. Jivraj Mehta gave the formula of Babuline to B. A. Oza.
1942: The Company started to distribute the products of Geigy & Anglo French Drugs at Mumbai and Ciba & Anglo French at Calcutta. Branches were opened in Patna, Cuttack and Guwahati.
1951: The founder, B. A. Oza, met with a tragic train accident and lost his life. His eldest son, Navnitrai B. Oza, took over the business.
1956: The Company had expanded it business and was now engaged in wholesaling and distribution activities. Prataprai B. Oza, the younger brother of Navnitrai B. Oza, joined the business.
1962: Both partnership firms of B. A. & Bros. at Mumbai and Calcutta were converted into private limited companies. Two companies - B. A. & Brothers (Bombay) Pvt. Ltd. and B. A. & Brothers Eastern Pvt. Ltd. were created.
1966: Indo German Laboratories was formed to start the manufacture of lake colours and tablet coating process.
1969: Bharat, eldest son of Navnitrai, joined the business after completing his Bachelor of Commerce and Chartered Accountancy degree to oversee business development along with the finance and administration of the group.
1976: Bhadresh, younger son of Navnitrai, joined the business after completing his Pharmacy degree to oversee the production and operations of the group companies.
1979: B. A. Distributors was created to carry out the distribution of Suhrid Geigy products of Ambalal Sarabhai Enterprise Ltd.
1980: B. A. & Bros. Eastern Pvt. Ltd. was converted into a public company and listed on the Calcutta Stock Exchange.
1981: B. A. Distributors opened a branch office in Delhi to distribute products of Ambalal Sarabhai Enterprise Ltd. Vadodara of Geigy and Squibb divisions.
1981: Bab Pharma Pvt. Ltd. was created to start the manufacturing of Babuline and other OTC products at a manufacturing facility in Kandivali, Mumbai.
1984: Bab Pharma Pvt. Ltd. opened a branch office in Delhi for taking up Bayer Diagnostic distribution.
1986: Kamlesh, eldest son of Prataprai, joined the business after completing his Pharmacy degree and Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics from the University of Ohio State USA.
1994: Indo German Laboratories and Colorcon USA entered into a joint venture. The JV company, Colorcon Asia Pvt. Ltd., is among the leading manufacturers and suppliers of pharmaceutical excipients to the pharma industry.
1996: Bab Pharma Pvt. Ltd. was renamed as Babuline Pharma Pvt. Ltd. to identify with its product, Babuline.
1998: B. A. Distributors was dissolved and all operations were transferred to Babuline Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
2000: Colorcon USA bought back the shares of Indo German Laboratories thereby making Colorcon Asia Pvt. Ltd. a wholly owned subsidiary of Colorcon USA.
2005: Indo German Laboratories ceased all business activity.
2008: Chanakya, son of Bharat, joined the business after completing his Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Carnegie Mellon University USA. Chanakya is responsible for overseeing the business development and expansion of the group companies.